Tuesday, April 5, 2011

So I am good cook, who knew!

So as you know we started a new thing were no more processed foods are in our house. We started this last Thursday, and we are doing great. Hubby has had zero Mountain dew woohoo! I'm so proud of him, it was easy for me to drop the one a day coke back in January, but he drank at least 3 a day. I'm so very proud of him for sticking with it! Caroline is loving the new adventures in food, more on that later, but Jase....not so much. It's a fight everyday still, but I know when he puts a bite in his mouth it's healthy.

Something else we are trying out is a set in stone menu, oh my gosh why didn't I do this years ago! It's awesome! If you aren't doing it, start NOW!

So what have we been eating around here that makes me a good cook? Well while we were sick I just made chicken noodle soup for everyone, thats all we could handle.
Sunday - Chicken Enchiladas with Spanish Rice, hubby's favorite but I never made them because I was afraid I had to make them like his mom, thankfully I didn't because her's are nasty. I made my own version, oh my gosh was it heaven! Caroline ate it like crazy, chilies and all!
Monday - Roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and corn. Jase and Caroline both ate this like crazy! And yes I mashed the potatoes myself!
Tuesday - Salmon with roasted asparagus....AMAZING! Caroline ate this like she hadn't eaten in days, heck we all did! So good! Can't wait to make it again!

Tomorrow we are having vegetarian chili with homemade cornbread, yum! Can't wait till dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment