Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Grandmother's Afghans

My mom's mom crocheted for years, it was her favorite thing, and afghans were her all time favorite. Sadly I never got the true chance to meet her, or my grandfather. She left behind some great crochet things though for my mom, and I was able to grab some photos of them while we were in Texas. She also did doiles galore but my mom didn't find those till we had already left. Once Sloan is retired from the Marine Corps (well whatever branch he is, he is thinking about switching soon), they will go to me, but I was to afraid to have them now with the kids so small.

So I would like to share hr afghans with you. Real quick fun fact though, I am exactly like her, my mom says that everything I do is exactly like her mom. When you see this afghans it looks like something I would make.

P>S> Horrible photos! I had to stand on a chair, it was night and yeah horrible lighting. I tried to edit but then the colors werent true so I said screw it!

Done in the 1970's:

My Grandmother's Afghan
My Grandmother's Afghan

My Grandmother's Afghan
My Grandmother's Afghan



My Grandmother's Afghan
My Grandmother's Afghan

This one is done with Broomstick Lace, she did it with a real broomstick but now days people use a jumbo kitting needle. After I saw this I wanted to make it, and funny thing as soon as we got back I had a crochet today magazine waiting for me. Opened it up to find the new technique in it...broomstick lace :)

Broomstick Lace
Broomstick Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment