Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Maybe this is our future

Sloan has had a long list of things that he could do when he re enlists (He has the choice to re enlist in October even though his five years are not up until July '10) but he could not think of what would make him happiest. He always put me first which I love but he needed to figure out what would make him happiest since he is the one that has to work that job. He knows with Caroline on the way that I'm having a hard time being away from my family and friends, even though I never said anything because I didn't want his choice of jobs to just revolve around my happiness. And it's not that I'm not happy being here in NC, it is a pretty state and I love being with him I just miss Texas. Neither one of us want him to get out, he loves being in the military and with this economy it would not be smart. But, Sloan thought of an idea. There was a Marine that he worked with awhile back that left to join the Army and got an awesome deal. He called him today and a recruiter. If he joins the Army we can be in Texas, five hours away from home, he'll get to finally fly like he wants, and he will get $50,000. This is exactly what that other Marine did, so he is pretty certain this is what he wants to do now. I truely do not care what he does I just want him to be happy. It does worry me that he wants to go from the Marine Corps to the Army....thats a major change that worries me. I don't like change much, but it does seem to be for the better. But, I'm not going to hold my breathe. Sloan changes his mind constantly about what he wants to do since there are so many choices for him now. All he knows is that he wants out of his squadren since they wont let him do anything but stay there. Which I've told him that it should make him very proud. They know he is an awesome Marine and they don't want anything to happen to him. It's going to be interesting to see what the Marine Corps offer him to stay if he wants to go to the Army, because Sloan already said that if there offer is better then he's staying. I hate not knowing what we are going to do!

Speaking of not knowing whats going on....

We found out from our bitchy landlord that our duplex is closing with the new owners on Thursday....yeah thanks for telling us ass! Sloan had to stop him when he was leaving here after working on the vacant side and force it out of him basicly. So we will be finding out soon if the new landlord will let us month to month rent for two months. I hope he does because if not we have to put all of our stuff in storage while Jase and i live in Texas. Which would be bad since I'm a high risk pregnancy. I may end up having to have Caroline in Texas then move with a two year old and a newborn...yikes! I wouldn't mind having her down there it would just be hard on all of us. I don't know what is going to happen....and that drives me crazy! We like our plans set in stone and to know what is going on at all times. Hopefully everything will work out....

No comments:

Post a Comment