Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vintage Dresser Make-over

A month ago we re-did our vintage dresser that was a blah white that didn't match our style at all. Under the white was a really nice wood, back in the 50's they used real wood to make furniture wish we could say that now days!, so we stained it with a dark ebony stain. The hardware for small drawers were easy to find, but for the big drawers, it was an issue. Finally I found some and they just came in today! So here is the final look to our 1950's dresser! Now on to the bed that matches....

BEFORE:
 Sloan was already taken drawers before I could get a quick picture!

AFTER:





It's actually more black than the photos came out, I'm being lazy and just snapped them quick without setting changes or anything on my camera...no editing either :)

3 comments:

  1. Kendra, sure wished you live closer to me! You are so talented! I could use some ideas and help with my 100 year old house remodeling and decorating. The dresser is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That is a big difference and its so nice! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! :) It was alot of fun doing it! I can't wait to get the bed done, that is the project this week since hubby is finally off work! I could sand it myself, but it's better to make the men do it right?! haha
    Heather - If I lived closer trust me i would help you out! I enjoy doing this sort of thing :)

    ReplyDelete