Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Somebody scratch me!

My lovely dermographism has made the choice to make me be covered in hives for two days now, and when I say covered I mean everything from my scalp to the bottom of my feet. Now I usually always have hives on the bottom of my feet from the tile in our house so those I can ignore, but the hives where my underwear is draws the line! This isn't new to me, happens all the time actually, but not this bad. I have figured out what is triggering it though! The air outside! I'm completely fine until I step outside then I'm miserable all day, and this makes complete sense. See dermographism is an over reaction of my body producing histamines, throw in a large amount of something I'm allergic to (i.e. pollen) and bam over reaction. So, I'm keeping all windows and doors shut, no one is going outside until I see on the news that pollen is down. I can't live like this, and the only thing that works to calm it down is benadryl, you don't want to see me when I take that. I turn into a shaking, sleepy, crazy person. Hopefully the pollen will calm down soon.

In other news, we got our set in stone deployment date. I still have awhile thankfully, in fact it's not even in 2011, but the way this year is going it's going to sneak up fast! Hopefully the year will slow down! Since we know the date, and we know all the dates for training, etc he has during the summer and fall we scheduled a week trip to Lake Tahoe. We go the end of August, and I can not wait! No TV, or internet, just the four of us and nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment