Thursday, April 30, 2009

Reeses was almost stolen!


Our neighborhood has a group of teenagers that cause nothing but trouble. Right before Christmas they were braking into every duplex to steal Christmas presents, but were caught and everything was returned. I have caught them TWICE trying to break into our duplex, they wait till I'm home alone, and they were caught braking into our neighbors car. Today they took it to far...
I was standing at the sink putting stuff in the dishwasher, and Reeses was outside. We have window behind our sink and I saw movement in the corner of my eye. I looked up to see a guy moving toward Reeses, who was facing the other way. I watched the guy try to catch Reeses! Reeses snapped at him and ran to the door. I quickly let him in and the guy took off. If I would have not been right there Reeses would not be laying next to me right now. He wont go outside alone now, I wouldn't let him anyways!, and he's stayed right by my side since. If something happened to Reeses...I don't know what I would do. It would brake my heart!
I can not believe that someone would be that low of a human being. Who steals a persons dog?! We know he went for Reeses because around here dachshunds are expensive and rare but come on! This is what I hate about Jacksonville, it has proven to me time and time again that only lowlifes live here (and military). Tomorrow I'm taking Reeses to get a microchip put in, something I should have done a long time ago.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that is horrible! I'm so sorry that almost happened. I am glad you are getting a microchip put in though.

    ReplyDelete