Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What would I do without you?

I didn't say anything on Facebook last night or this morning but I almost lost Sloan last night. I am finally calm about it now, but I was extremely scared for a long time. People think that a mechanic for the Osprey's are safe and never in danger. When in reality they just keep it quiet when a Marine is killed working on one. Sloan has lost many friends, and so many have been near death right in front of his eyes. You would never know it though because they keep it hush hush.

I'll start from the beginning of last night. Everything was normal except for some reason I could not get Jase to sleep. He was crying and nothing seemed to make him happy. Finally at 11, 2 hours after bedtime, he went to sleep. Caroline and I went to bed about midnight i believe. An hour later my phone rings, I didn't look to see who it was i just thought it was Sloan calling me to say he was on his way. I answer to hear an odd voice "Mrs. Diaz?" "Yes this is her" "Mrs. Diaz, you're husband is ok but is on his way to the hospital on Lejeune". I fear this sentence everyday Sloan goes to work. I quickly say "I'm on my way" and the rest is a blur. The whole time I kept thinking what if he wasn't ok? What if he's dying? What would I do without him?!

We get to the hospital, and I don't think I could have ran any faster up to the ER. I had Caroline in her carrier and Jase on my other hip and took off. Sloan's friend was there to meet me, we rushed up stairs and within minutes I got to go back to see Sloan. I held back tears when I saw him, he's really scratched up, but he's ok. He has a slight concussion but is back at work tonight. I got to take him home a bit after which I was very happy about.

So what happened to him? Once again he was working on the top of the Osprey and slipped. He fell right by the wing, hit his face which made him flip onto his back where he landed on the flight line head first. I swear there is an angel watching over him and I am so glad there is. What would I do without him?! He's my best friend and the love of my life! We are so perfect together and I can't imagine my life without him.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry Kendra! I never knew his job was that dangerous. I am so glad he is ok. You all are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete