Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Spider & A Bee

I am sort of a nerdy person when it comes to neat things in nature, I blame my mother for that! She is a science teacher and we always had odd animals living in our house for school. Did you know I have held a taranchula? Yep we had one of those as a pet for awhile, I really could go on and on about the creatures we had but I will spare you! So with that my childhood brought on an interest in nature and my fascination with it. Yesterday while watering out front I saw a giant web in our yard, and it was such a neat web I had to photograph it. While I was doing that the spider came out of his web to say hello, look closely in the hole and you will see him. He is a funnel web spider, which is sadly going to meet his death this weekend when hubby mows.

Funnelweb Spider

Funnelweb Spider

I also finished crocheting a giant Bumbleebee for a swap on Craftster, he turned out pretty cute :) That is our garden in the background by the way! Everything is growing insanely!

Crochet Bumblebee

Wouldn't want to be stung by that stinger!!!
Crochet Bumblebee

No comments:

Post a Comment